What is Warm Forging ?
- Warm forging is a metal forming process that involves heating the metal to a temperature between 800°C and 1200°C before forming it into shape.
- Warm forging makes the metal more pliable and easier to deform, allowing for more complex shapes to be produced.
- The reduced resistance to deformation during warm forging translates to lower forming forces, leading to decreased wear and tear on machinery and reduced energy consumption.
Warm Forging Process
Warm forging is a valuable metal forming process that offers a combination of improved material properties, reduced manufacturing costs, and increased production rates, making it a suitable choice for producing high-quality, cost-effective components across various industries.
Warm Forging Process Steps:
1. Billet Preparation: The workpiece, typically in the form of a bar or billet, is cut to the desired size and cleaned to remove any surface contaminants.
2. Heating: The billet is heated to the appropriate warm forging temperature, typically within the range of 800°C to 1200°C. This is usually done in a furnace or induction heater.
3. Lubrication: The heated billet is coated with a lubricant, such as graphite or glass, to reduce friction and wear between the workpiece and the dies during forging.
4. Forging: The heated and lubricated billet is placed in a closed die set and subjected to compressive forces. The dies are designed to shape the workpiece into the desired form.
5. Ejection: Once the forging operation is complete, the formed component is ejected from the dies.
6. Post-Forging Operations: Depending on the specific requirements, post-forging operations such as trimming, machining, or heat treatment may be performed to refine the final product.
Topgrid’s Warm Forging Service
- Topgrid’s warm forging services encompass the entire spectrum of component manufacturing, from design and development to production and post-forging operations.
- Our team of experienced engineers and technicians possesses in-depth knowledge of warm forging principles and techniques, ensuring the seamless execution of every project.
With years of Experience in the industry, Our Team of experts excels in delivering
High Quality Warm Forging solutions.
Topgrid’s Warm Forging services are ideal for a wide range of products, including Aerospace, Medical, Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing. Our dedication to staying at the forefront of technology and industry trends ensures that we can meet the unique requirements of each project, no matter how complex.
Reliable Manufacturing Vendors
Manufacturing Consultant Network
Get Best Warm Forging Services from Topgrid!
Why Choose Topgrid ?
Get best Warm Forging Services from topgrid
Here are Some Warm Forging Projects,
we’ve worked on
Warm forged components are used in Engine components, transmission parts, suspension components, body panels
Warm forged components are used in Structural components, engine components, landing gear components
Warm forged components are used in Surgical instruments, implants, prosthetics
Warm forged components are used in Gears, shafts, fasteners, valves
Isothermal forged components are used in Hand tools, hardware, sporting goods, electronics enclosures