What is Closed Die Forging?
- Closed die forging is a manufacturing process that uses a die to shape a metal workpiece.
- The workpiece is heated to a high temperature and then placed between two dies.
- The dies are then closed together, forcing the metal to flow into the desired shape.
Closed Die Forging Process
Closed die forging is a manufacturing process that produces high-strength, precision components. It involves heating a metal billet to a high temperature, placing it between two dies, and then pressing or hammering the dies together to force the metal into the desired shape.
Here’s a step-by-step explanation of the closed die forging process:
1. Billet Preparation: The starting point for closed die forging is a metal billet, a piece of metal stock that has been cut to the appropriate size and shape. The billet is typically made from a high-quality steel or alloy
2. Heating: The billet is heated to a high temperature, typically around 2200°F (1200°C), in a furnace. This temperature is necessary to make the metal soft and malleable enough to flow into the die cavity.
3. Die Preparation: While the billet is heating, the dies are prepared. The dies are made from hardened steel or tool steel and are designed to create the desired shape of the forged component. The dies are coated with a lubricant to reduce friction and prevent sticking
4. Forging: Once the billet is heated and the dies are prepared, the forging process begins. The billet is placed between the two dies, and then a press or hammer is used to force the dies together. The pressure applied forces the metal to flow into the die cavity, taking on the desired shape
5. Trimming and Finishing: After forging, the excess metal from the flash (the material that flows out of the die cavity) is trimmed away. The forged component may also undergo additional finishing processes, such as heat treatment or machining, to achieve the desired properties and dimensions.
Topgrid’s Closed Die Forging Service
- At Topgrid, we are your premier partner for high-quality Drop Forging Services, delivering excellence in the manufacturing of robust and precisely crafted components.
- Our commitment to innovation, advanced technology, and a client-centric approach sets us apart as a trusted provider in the forging industry.
With years of Experience in the industry, Our Team of experts excels in delivering
High Quality Closed Die Forging solutions.
Topgrid’s Closed Die Forging services are ideal for a wide range of products, including Aerospace, Oil and gas, Power generation, Automotive, Industrial, and Agricultural Machinery. Our dedication to staying at the forefront of technology and industry trends ensures that we can meet the unique requirements of each project, no matter how complex.
Reliable Manufacturing Vendors
Manufacturing Consultant Network
Get Best Closed Die Forging Services from Topgrid!
Why Choose Topgrid ?
Get best Closed Die Forging Services from topgrid
Here are Some Closed Die Forging Projects,
we’ve worked on
Closed die forgings are used in a wide range of automotive components, such as crankshafts, connecting rods, and gears.
Closed die forgings are critical components in aircraft engines, landing gear, and other structural parts.
Oil and Gas Components
Closed die forgings are used in oil and gas equipment, such as valves, fittings, and drill pipes.
Closed die forgings are used in construction equipment, mining equipment, and other heavy-duty machinery.