What is Abrasive Jet Machining ?
- Abrasive jet machining (AJM), also known as pencil blasting, micro-abrasive blasting, and micro-blasting, is a machining process that uses a high velocity stream of abrasive particles to erode material from a workpiece.
- The abrasive particles are propelled by a gas, usually compressed air, and directed towards the workpiece through a nozzle.
- The impact of the abrasive particles removes material from the workpiece surface, gradually creating the desired shape or feature.
Abrasive Jet Machining process
Abrasive jet machining is a versatile and powerful machining process that offers a range of benefits for a variety of applications. Its ability to machine hard, brittle, and delicate materials with high precision and accuracy makes it an indispensable tool in many industries.
1. Preparation: The workpiece is first cleaned and prepared for machining. This may involve removing any existing surface contamination or debris
2. Nozzle placement: The nozzle is positioned relative to the workpiece. The nozzle-to-workpiece distance is critical for achieving the desired machining results
3. Gas selection and pressure adjustment: A suitable gas, typically compressed air, is selected and its pressure is adjusted. The gas pressure affects the velocity and impact of the abrasive particles.
4. Abrasive selection and feed rate: The appropriate abrasive particles are chosen based on the material being machined and the desired surface finish. The abrasive feed rate controls the amount of material removed from the workpiece.
5. Machining: The abrasive particles are propelled towards the workpiece through the nozzle. The impact of the abrasive particles erodes material from the workpiece surface, gradually shaping it to the desired form.
6. Removal of debris: The eroded material is removed from the machining area. This may involve using a vacuum or other collection system.
7. Repeat: The machining process is repeated as needed to achieve the desired shape or feature.
8. Post-processing: The machined workpiece may need to be post-processed to remove any remaining abrasive particles or to achieve the desired surface finish.
Topgrid’s Abrasive Jet Machining Service
- Topgrid’s Abrasive Jet Machining (AJM) Service is a comprehensive solution for all your AJM needs
- We have a team of experienced AJM technicians who are trained to use the latest AJM techniques and equipment
- We can provide you with a quote for your AJM project, and we will work with you to ensure that your project is completed on time and on budget.
With years of Experience in the industry, Our Team of experts excels in delivering
High Quality Abrasive Jet Machining solutions.
Topgrid’s Abrasive Jet Machining services are ideal for a wide range of products, including Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Electronics and Tool and die. Our dedication to staying at the forefront of technology and industry trends ensures that we can meet the unique requirements of each project, no matter how complex.
Get Best Abrasive Jet Machining Services from Topgrid!
Why Choose Topgrid ?
Get best Abrasive Jet Machining from topgrid
Here are Some Abrasive Jet Machining Projects,
we’ve worked on
AJM is used to deburr and polish machined parts, clean and prepare surfaces for subsequent operations, and create intricate patterns and designs on automotive components.
AJM is used to machine complex components in aerospace applications, such as turbine blades, fuel system components, and landing gear components.
AJM is used to create precise and delicate features in small electronic components, such as microelectronic devices and circuit boards
AJM is used to machine medical implants, such as hip joints, knee joints, and dental implants.
Tool and die making
AJM is used to create precise cutting edges and details in jigs and fixtures used for machining operations.